Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Thanks so much for the belated bday gift, KB

Just went for interview at a consultancy firm. One of the director interviewed me. Well, what he told me was of great value, though eventually i may not be working there. i think his words can guide us, freshies, when we r in seek of jobs. He questioned what will be my long term plan and short term ambition. This stumbled me. I always tot i wanted to try a few yrs in engrg field. Soon i predict i will get sick of engrg, and will switch to other industry like.. teaching or being an entrepreneur. I think that is my plan. Now, to me, the plan is still viable, but a bit too idealistic and raw. Why? Becos, i intended to work a few yrs in engrg field, but as wat? and with what mentality? To earn $, to gain status, to get PE cert eventually or aimlessly. After his talk to me, i think i will not be focusing on consultancy firms for now.. since my aim is $ as for now, and working as engineers in consultancy firms (Not as RE) dont get as high as site engineers, or as high as gov't engineers and even RE. So now, i intended to look for jobs as site engineers/RE, but then, if a job at a consultancy firm can fetch a resonable pay, i will still be considering it. Becos after all, i fancy consultancy job over site job. Anyway I cant reveal the pay offered by the companies. The first company offered me a contract as a site engineer, i am considering. Today's company offered a contract as an engineer in the consultancy firm, but i doubt i will accept it due to the pay.. and i might be returning to this company to apply for RE after grad.. if i still cant get a job then. Heard from Shi Hui that HL called the civil students today at ard 7pm. I was in interview then.. and my phone hanged.. so i dun have any idea if the company called me, cos there isnt any record on my hp.. cos it auto shut off... Now, i hope they can contact me again. I wanted to have more option. Applied to CPG consultancy yesterday. Hopefully will have answer from them asap. Job finding isnt fun. LOL. But it is enriching. And i can predict in future, i will be of no life.. sian.. cos of the job nature. That is life.

Anyway, today went for singing class again. And got a surprise from my mortal , KB. She sent me a nicely wrapped box of FA cookies as my belated bday gift! Was v thankful for that thoughfulness. And when Leona said that there is a huge parcel in front, everyone was like.. wah.. this angel of hers is v lucky lol, got such a nice gift. I dare not collect till everyone left, except Leona and her cousin. So now Leona and Sure-ly knew my identity lol. Anyway, my angel is constantly giving me notes.. felt that i was v passive as angel or as mortal. need to start a bit of action soon, else will seem a little bo sim. And presentation 2 is coming soon. Intended to sing O Sole Mio.. and even signed up for it. But after talking to Leona, she adviced me to try what i wanted to sing initially , which is Isabel, and if i couldnt, i could still change the next week. ok, give it a shot then! No harm for this fun fun GE. Must enjoy on stage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home